Bosch Sensortec Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Orientation Error in Yaw of BNO055 in 9DOF Mode?

Orientation Error in Yaw of BNO055 in 9DOF Mode?

A_Levy
    Established Member

Hello All, 

I am trying ot use a BNO055 sensor for Inertial Navigation and Pedestrain Dead reckoning. While i was doing some indoor tetsing the other day i got some very strange results that I suspct are errors in the yaw of the sensor. I had the sensor set to 9DOF mode. 

For this test, i walked around a large square three times. Does anyone know what could be causing this change in orientation in the data... it looks like the orientation outputted from the BNO055 in 9DOF mode is not working.

As you can see in the photo, the yaw of the sesnor changes, does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this? could i be something to do with the calibration of the sensor? I already know that doing tests indoor with a magnetometer may be error prone.

Thank you for your help.

27 REPLIES 27

A_Levy
    Established Member

Aboslutley, ill let you know how it goes.

A_Levy
    Established Member

Hello BTS_Robin, Quick quetsion , how would that BNO055 stick actually help? we are trying to update the firmware to fix the CS calibration problem. So how would this exactly help? Even during tetsing how would it help?

Thanks 

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello A_Levy,

Actually, we tried to reproduce the problem you gave feedback with DD2.0+BNO055 shuttle board, BNO055 USB stick, but it failed to reproduce it. So we hoped you could test it with our reference HW and saw if you could reproduce it on our reference HW. Then we could do further analysis.

A_Levy
    Established Member

Hello BTS_Robin, 

We have been working on updating the firmware of the BNO055 with the sample firmware updated that was provided by Vincent.

However, we are running into an unforseen problem. When we attempt to stream the firmware update to BNO055, the BNO055 stops responding after roughly 250,000 Bites have been recieved. Do you have any idea why this is happening or how to fix this? 

A_Levy 

A_Levy
    Established Member

Hello BTS_robin, 

We have acquired the Bosch BNO055 development kit and shuttle baord. We have also updated the firmware of the BNO055. However, even with the bosch hardware, we are still seeing the same problem persist.

As soon as the the BNO055 starts moving, the system calibration goes away from 3/3. I have attached a CSV file that is an example of the problem we are seeing. 

Do you have any ideas what could be causing this or why this is happening?

THank you, 

Alevy

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist