Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Program BHI260AP directly on the Nicla Sense ME

Program BHI260AP directly on the Nicla Sense ME

Ismar
    New Poster

Hello Everyone,

I am working on a project where I want to use the IMU and other sensors of the BHI260AP to train a tensorflow lite model in order to do some classification. I got some tensorflow lite models working on the Nicla, with the integrated NRF52 MCU, but the RAM (64 KB) limits me from implementing any larger models.

I can see that the ARC MCU on the BHI260AP has 4 times as much RAM, but I haven't figured out how to directly reprogram it. From googling I have seen that these types of MCUs generally support tensorflow lite, but is there a way to get acces to that MCU and program it, so I can maybe create another sensor output, which just does the classification I want, just like the step counter?

It would be really great if I can use the BHI260AP to do all the ML stuff on it, and then only use the NRF for the application side of the project.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi Ismar,

BHI260AP supports running user's algorithm. However, the SDK has not yet released on Arduino.

Hi Robin,

thanks for the quick reply. So as I understood it, there is no way to do this on a nicla then? Not even, let's say, program a new firmware on a development board, and then just upload it to the BHI260AP on the nicla? I am aware this might cause huge issues and break the board, but would it be possible technically?

Also, do you have any timeframe when the SDK might be available for arduino?

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi Ismar,

The current firmware is pre-compiled and then released to Arduino. At present, we have no plan to release the SDK to Arduino because it involves the software license.

Hi @BSTRobin , is this still the case? I also need more RAM hence looking for alternative solutions.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist