Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Re: BME680 gas sensor series design guide

Re: BME680 gas sensor series design guide

dnear
    New Poster
    I'm working with the BME680 using a Pycom LoPy4, which is ESP32 based but uses MicroPython instead of C. Is there any way to access the BSEC code through MicroPython? I assume the libgobsec.a files are some kind of obfuscated code that the library calls? Or is "everything" simply coded in the included .cpp/.h files
    3 REPLIES 3

handytech
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

@dnear wrote:
    I assume the libgobsec.a files are some kind of obfuscated code that the library calls? Or is "everything" simply coded in the included .cpp/.h files

BSEC is indeed closed-source, therefore only provided as pre-compiled C static library binaries.

@dnear wrote:
    Is there any way to access the BSEC code through MicroPython?

I am not familiar with MicroPython integration or aware of anyone having already done that before. If it is possible to somehow call functions from static libraries from MicroPython, I guess integration could be possible. Feel free to share potential alternatives you might be aware of.

Since you board seems to be equipped with different connectivity solutions, an alternative could be to process BSEC externally, if that'd still meet your application/use-case requirements.

Desh

Lately I'm working with MicroPython too and really like it. Is there a possibility to use the BME680 library/modules?

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello,

You could see the supported devices and compiler from the following link. BSEC library was provided as C library.

https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/software-tools/software/bsec/

If you have any further requests, please visit https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/about-us/contact/contact-form, and use the contact form to submit your request.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist