Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Reading multiple BME688 with Bsec2

Reading multiple BME688 with Bsec2

hugehead
    Established Member

Hello,

I would like to readout multiple BME688 simultaniously. I created two instances of Bsec2, and afterwards i do each step for both instances. I kept the NewDataCallback the same, as one input parameter is the BSEC instance. In BSEC2 i get an error 100 from BSEC2.

Please let me know what is the problem .

Bsec2 envSensors[2];

for(int i = 0; i < NUMBEROFDEVICES; i ++)
          {

//Set multiplexer

if (!envSensors[i].begin(BME68X_I2C_ADDR_LOW, Wire))
              {
                  checkBsecStatus(envSensors[i]);
              }

/* Subsribe to the desired BSEC2 outputs */
              if (!envSensors[i].updateSubscription(sensorList, ARRAY_LEN(sensorList), BSEC_SAMPLE_RATE_LP))
              {
              }

/* Whenever new data is available call the newDataCallback function */
              envSensors[i].attachCallback(newDataCallback);
              envSensors[i].index = i;
              Serial.println("BSEC library version " + \
                String(envSensors[i].version.major) + "." \
                + String(envSensors[i].version.minor) + "." \
                + String(envSensors[i].version.major_bugfix) + "." \
                + String(envSensors[i].version.minor_bugfix));

}

}

if (!envSensors[i].begin(BME68X_I2C_ADDR_LOW, Wire))
    {
    }

I checked the Arduino example for x8 board, which has 8 times BME688 and Multiplexer. It seems like the example is reading and processing only 1 BME688 sensor.

Kind Regards

23 REPLIES 23

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello hugehead,

We will update BSEC2  github code which could read multiple sensors in the future. The preliminary time is April.

hugehead
    Established Member

Hello Robin,

tahnk you very much, could you please send me a quick update on the development status?

Kind Regards
    Matthias

hugehead
    Established Member

Hello robin,

It is nearly mid of april. Any news regarding the new release with multiple sensor support? 

hugehead
    Established Member

Hello robin,

Any news regarding the new release with multiple sensor support?

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello hugehead,

Sorry for the delay reply.
    We are preparing for release internally, because we have to go through some processes, so it is relatively slow.
    We will release the software ASAP.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist