Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Reading multiple BME688 with Bsec2

Reading multiple BME688 with Bsec2

hugehead
    Established Member

Hello,

I would like to readout multiple BME688 simultaniously. I created two instances of Bsec2, and afterwards i do each step for both instances. I kept the NewDataCallback the same, as one input parameter is the BSEC instance. In BSEC2 i get an error 100 from BSEC2.

Please let me know what is the problem .

Bsec2 envSensors[2];

for(int i = 0; i < NUMBEROFDEVICES; i ++)
          {

//Set multiplexer

if (!envSensors[i].begin(BME68X_I2C_ADDR_LOW, Wire))
              {
                  checkBsecStatus(envSensors[i]);
              }

/* Subsribe to the desired BSEC2 outputs */
              if (!envSensors[i].updateSubscription(sensorList, ARRAY_LEN(sensorList), BSEC_SAMPLE_RATE_LP))
              {
              }

/* Whenever new data is available call the newDataCallback function */
              envSensors[i].attachCallback(newDataCallback);
              envSensors[i].index = i;
              Serial.println("BSEC library version " + \
                String(envSensors[i].version.major) + "." \
                + String(envSensors[i].version.minor) + "." \
                + String(envSensors[i].version.major_bugfix) + "." \
                + String(envSensors[i].version.minor_bugfix));

}

}

if (!envSensors[i].begin(BME68X_I2C_ADDR_LOW, Wire))
    {
    }

I checked the Arduino example for x8 board, which has 8 times BME688 and Multiplexer. It seems like the example is reading and processing only 1 BME688 sensor.

Kind Regards

23 REPLIES 23

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi hugehead,

Could you give feedback to us?

hugehead
    Established Member

Hello Robin,

I am a hobbyist trying multiple Gas Sensors and compare them using the 8x board of Bosch and would like to read out all sensors in parallel using my own Board. As you mentioned that this update is coming soon, I was hoping to get it with the next updates. As time passed and you are asking my business case now, I am assuming that nothing happened in between. Could you please let me know?

Would you have any tools you can share to run multiple BME in parallel?

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi hugehead,

Currently reading multiple BME688 haven't supported in BSEC2, you could wait for subsequent updates of BSEC2 software in the future.

Hi, I am developing commercial gas sensor and would like to support 2 x BME688. I can read in this forum thread, that the BSEC2 library only supports 1 BME688, despite the AI library seems to be developed for supporting mulitple BME688's. Does the newly released BSEC 2.2.0.0 library support mulitple BME688 or do I still have to wait some time?

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist