Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Ready to use Firmware for BHI260AB

Ready to use Firmware for BHI260AB

Thieny

Hi,

because of availability/delivery difficulties with the BNO055 I am searching for an alternative solution what leads me to the following question.

Is there a "ready to use" firmware provided by Bosch that I can flash into the BHI260AB device, so that it acts like the BNO055?
    I want to obtain sensor values provided by the pre installed BSX function lib over an I2C interface without implementing a custom firmware for the sensor by my self and without induction into the Bosch SDK and programming firmware for the BHI. 
    What I'm searching for is a firmware for the BHI that I can download and flash into the sensor that outputs sensor values over I2C when I send the commands to it like the BNO does?

I'm aware of the differences in hardware and functional scope of the two sensors. I only need ready to use tilt data provided by the pre installed algorithms of the sensor.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Thieny

11 REPLIES 11

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Thieny,

BHI260AB support to extend external Flash, firmware could be burned to this Flash.
    Host controller could get sensor output values via I2C interface.

Yes sure, but my question is, do I have to write this firmware that outputs the sensor values on the I2C by myself or does Bosch provide a "ready to use" firmware that meets this requirement and that i can simply download to the flash of the BHI?

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Thieny,

You can use existing firmware, please refer to: https://github.com/BoschSensortec/BHY2-Sensor-API/tree/master/firmware/bhi260

Hi again,

thanks for the link to the repo.

Unfortunately the README file consists of 10 lines only.
    Is there a description what the different existing fimwares do, which Host Interface configuration do they use and so on?

Which firmware can I use if I only want to read sensor values with an Host MCU connected via I2C?

Kind regards.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist