Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Ready to use Firmware for BHI260AB

Ready to use Firmware for BHI260AB

Thieny

Hi,

because of availability/delivery difficulties with the BNO055 I am searching for an alternative solution what leads me to the following question.

Is there a "ready to use" firmware provided by Bosch that I can flash into the BHI260AB device, so that it acts like the BNO055?
    I want to obtain sensor values provided by the pre installed BSX function lib over an I2C interface without implementing a custom firmware for the sensor by my self and without induction into the Bosch SDK and programming firmware for the BHI. 
    What I'm searching for is a firmware for the BHI that I can download and flash into the sensor that outputs sensor values over I2C when I send the commands to it like the BNO does?

I'm aware of the differences in hardware and functional scope of the two sensors. I only need ready to use tilt data provided by the pre installed algorithms of the sensor.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Thieny

11 REPLIES 11

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Thieny,

Could we know what is your HW you want to run BHI260AB FW?

I'm not sure whether I understand the question. I don't want to use the Firmware on another HW, I want to use it on the BHI260AB, but not write it by myself but use an existing firmware, that simply outputs tilt sensor values on the host controller interface via I2C.

In the GIT repo there are several firmware images but no describtion for them.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Thieny,

I mean I would like to know is BHI260AB connected to other sensors(like magnetic sensor, etc)? Or is your hardware only BHI260AB? Then I will know which firmware is suitable for your hardware?

No, the BHI260AB is not connected to other sensors.

It is only connected to an STM32 MCU as Host Controller over the Host Interface and the prefered mode for the Host interface ist I2C.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Thieny,

Using this firmware, you can download or burn the firmware to flash. The host only needs to read the output data from the sensor.
    https://github.com/BoschSensortec/BHY2-Sensor-API/blob/master/firmware/bhi260/Bosch_SHUTTLE_BHI260-f...

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist