cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Rest time of BME688

Rest time of BME688

Adrián
    Established Member

Hello. After several weeks working with my BME688 boards, I have observed that the sensors on the same board have started to show different signals between them (observing the graphs in AI-Studio), and even fluctuations and peaks within the same measurement.
    The sensors are in an hermetic container, so there is no interference with other gases.
    The dynamics of work is usually recording data at night; train algorithms and test them with the app during the day.

My question is: Is it necessary to let them rest for a few days or can they work all the time without problems?
    Also, do the sensors require any specific cleaning to work well?

5 REPLIES 5

Clemens
    Established Member

You are writing

> test them with the app during the day

Is the app working on your side? And if so what combination / versions of AI Studio, dev kit software, Android App are you using? Or is this just a theoretical question and your setup is (yet) not running?

We could not manage to get the latest versions running, see: https://community.bosch-sensortec.com/t5/MEMS-sensors-forum/BME688-connection-to-Android-App/m-p/707...

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi Adrián,

Even in the same test environment, the resistance values read by multiple sensor are different.

BME688 sensor to sensor deviation.png

Adrián
    Established Member

Hello Clemens.

I am using BME AI-Studio 1.5.5 (the old one) and the app with the available version 1.1.3.

Since I couldn't get it to work with the new desktop version I went back to the old one.

Clemens
    Established Member

So in case the current app is not working with the latest AI-Studio wouldn't it be an option to provide a download link to version 1.5.5 @BSTRobin? At least for some testing or workshops would it be helpful as long AI Studio Mobile is not released.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist