cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Restore BME688 to factory settings

Restore BME688 to factory settings

avfe

Hello,

After attempting to use the Arduino IDE to communicate with the ESP32 present in the BME688 development kit, I am trying to use the development kit as initially suggested by bosch. I want to plug in the board, record readings to the sd card, and upload them to the AI studio.

However, data is no longer recording on the SD card when I power up the development kit. Is there a way to reset the development kit? I have already tried adding a new bmeconfig file to the sd card with no success.

Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Yes, I followed those instructions. After loading a new bmeconfig onto the SD card and plugging it into the development kit, the device does not record data. Page 27 of the datasheet (see attached) states that the red LED blinks every 2 seconds when recording data. Mine blinks much more rapidly. Is there something else I need to do? 

The bme688 development kit datasheet describes a possible solution. However, I have a MacBook, and so these instructions will not work for me. 

If you start with a new Adafruit HUZZAH32 board, which is not yet programmed, you can flash it by following these steps:

1. 1)  Download the dev-kit software from https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/software-tools/software/BME688-software/ 

2. 2)  Copy the *.bmeconfig file on the microSD card

3. 3)  Place microSD card and CR1220 coin cell into dev-kit

board and stack it on the Adafruit board

4. 4)  Connect the board to PC via micro-USB data cable

5. 5)  Run “flash.bat” on PC by choosing the right COM port

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello avfe,

We tested official BME688 development kit, haven't reproduced the issue that you couldn't record data. Could you try and check if you have any modifications or other operations?

Record normal air.png

Hello BSTRobin,

I also have problems flashing the BME688 development kit with a new Adafruit HUZZAH32 board, which is not
    yet programmed. I followed the instructions but I get this message when I run the flash.bat on PC after choosing the right COM port "A fatal error occured: Time out waiting for packet header".

Thanks.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist