cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Supporting BME680 with BSEC on ESP32 using deep-sleep

Supporting BME680 with BSEC on ESP32 using deep-sleep

mikkojaakkola
    Occasional Visitor

I'm thinking of using BME680 and related software with ESP32 using deep-sleep. In deep-sleep, the system turns system RAM off but small part of RAM (RTC_RAM) is kept powered for preserve the state during the sleep. I was thinking of putting data structures from bme680.h, the integration files into the RTC_RAM and initialize everything once during the power-up but after returning from the deep-sleep, I would just trigger measurements (no initializations) as MBE680 is kept all the time powered in (U)LP so it retains its state during the deep-sleep boot-ups.

This part should work fine but I'm not sure if any system data is kept at libalgosec. If there are some data at the algorithm section that needs to be preserved between measurements (or initialized in the library), then this approach would not work and the best I can do is light-sleep. Can you, please, confirm if you store any system data in the algorithm library that would prevent my approach?

13 REPLIES 13

handytech
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi @Hend

The experimental example code was eventually merged to the master/main brand, hopefully you can find the example code mentioned above here.

If you are still facing issues, please create a new Thread/Topic describing your current setup and configuration, since the thread above was in fact resolved.

Hey handytech,

So i decided to run this code. Without any changes what so ever, it goes to accuracy 1 and the static air quality just oscillates between 25, 26, 27 and 28. Never goes higher. Why is this? What is causing the issue?

Thanks

Sagar

handytech
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

If you  are operating the sensor for the first time, maybe you need to let the system running for a few hours to let the sensor stabilize to its environment and experience different air qualities. For test puporse, if you expose the sensor to high VOC concentrations you should see the IAQ rising. To understand if the IAQ and IAQ accuracy output are expected, we need to see the raw temperature/humidity/gas resistance and timestamp used.

Hello @kgoveas 

I am also want to de a similar thing, but i could not get a accuracy of 3 even 1 was not possible. Do you still have the code you worked with because the link is not available anymore.

kind regards

Roeland

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist