Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Tilt detection + Fall detection

Tilt detection + Fall detection

Mithi
    New Poster

Hi,

I am using BMA400, By taking reference from

How to generate freefall interrupt using BMA400.pdf , Implemnted  Free fall detection, It is working fine.

But Auto wake up(on tilt, int1 generate on a threshold value) and Free Fall detection are not working  together because in configuaration setting there are need to write value in many common registers(i.e. auto wake up and free fall using some same registers).
    In my harware Board, we are using only INT1 pin, INT2 pin is not connected.  Is it possible to generate interrupt for tilt and fall detection on INT1 together? If you have any c code or reference please send it to me. 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Mithi,

You could see BMA400 auto-wakeup and auto-lowpower application note from other topic: https://community.bosch-sensortec.com/t5/MEMS-sensors-forum/BMA400-autowakeup-and-inactivity-interru...
    There two docs "How to test BMA400 shuttle board for auto-wakeup and auto-lowpower featurev1.pdf" and "How to generate freefall interrupt using BMA400.pdf" explained how to config sensor parameters, we don't suggest map two interrupt source to one interrupt pin. You could see the following test result:

auto wakeup interrupt was mapped to INT1; freefall interrupt was mapped to INT2.

When you test it with sensor board movement. these two interrupt will be triggled at the same time if you map these two interrupt to one pin, host couldn't response them at the same time.

BMA400 interrupt.png

Thanks,  But We have only INT1 pin connected to MCU, INT2 is not connected to mcu. Any other method to detect  free fall?

I want, when device fall on surface that time sensor only generate Free fall interrupt,  do not generate tilt interupt that time. Is it possible on INT1 pin?

Any method to diffrentiate free fall and tilt on INT1 pin?

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Mithi,

Thanks, But We have only INT1 pin connected to MCU, INT2 is not connected to mcu. Any other method to detect free fall?

Reply: we haven't tested it like this. It depends on whether the host can handle it in time. You can test it on your device.

I want, when device fall on surface that time sensor only generate Free fall interrupt, do not generate tilt interupt that time. Is it possible on INT1 pin?

Any method to diffrentiate free fall and tilt on INT1 pin?

Reply: normally, free fall and tilt willn't occur the interrupt at the same time. You could map them to one interrupt pin.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist