Bosch Sensortec Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

What is the difference between parallel and sequential mods in BME688?

What is the difference between parallel and sequential mods in BME688?

Meh

Hello,

although there are examples for all three mods (forced, parallel and sequential) in the GitHub repository, only forced and parallel mods are mentioned in the BME688 Data sheet.

Forced mode is the simple mode with only one step, which means that it is not useful for AI applications.

But what is the different between parallel and sequential mods in the context of BME688? And how to choose between them for AI applications?

Thanks

MAS

5 REPLIES 5

Minhwan
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hell Meh, 

If you want to use AI application for BME688, please take performance mode in BSEC 2. ( That is parallel  mode) 

Sequential mode is to provide temperature, humidity, then gas estimate one by one. But, for AI applications, you need parallel mode. 

Thanks, 

Thank you for your answer.

Ignoring the AI factor, just  to be sure that I understand the difference right.

Force Mode: Takes only one measurement of each of temperature, humidity, pressure and gas.

Sequential Mode: Takes only one measurement of each of temperature, humidity, pressure and up to 10 gas measurements (as it is configured).

Parallel Mode: Takes up to 10 temperature, humidity, pressure and gas measurements (as it is configured).

Did I understand it right, or am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance.

Minhwan
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Meh, 

Mostly right. 

I'd like to correct one comment as below. 

Force Mode: Single TPHG is performed. Therefore, other cycles goes into sleep mode. During the TPHG, BME688 measure temperature, humidity, pressure .. 

Please let me know if this is not clear for you. 

Thanks, 

Will you kindly explain to me what do you mean with "other cycles"?

Do you mean that it preforms one cycle in Force Mode, then switches back to Sleep Mode until it is called again by the developer?

Thanks in advance.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist