Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

can i calculate iaq without bsec_iot_loop() function

can i calculate iaq without bsec_iot_loop() function

pallyapd
    Established Member

I am using bme680 for iaq calculation and another sensor is one of optical sensor which gives some optical data ...because of infinite bsec_iot_loop i can't do anything for this optical sensor .so please help me how to do other tasks while using Bsec_iot_loop(), I also trying timer-based interrupt to read optical data but after some time error occurs.is any method to calculate iaq .I have used the nrf52840 controller .and i want to run only one thread so please help me also i post my query on the community forum.

9 REPLIES 9

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello pallyapd,

nrf52840 had freertos support, you could start a task for optical sensor, and start another task for BSEC, run bsec_iot_loop().

pallyapd
    Established Member

i don't want to use freertos .my application include ble mesh and all framework is ready .so any other way to solve this instead of this os.?

gbeloev

Hi,

You can certainly avoid using bsec_iot_loop() in your code. I think that is just an example provided by Bosch. In my code I implemented a function to perform the equivalent functionality but without the loop. The key is to pass the current timestamp to bsec_sensor_control(), which in turn tells you if measurements should be run, and also when to run the next measurement. Then in your code use a timer or another method to delay the next call until the appropriate time.

So basically (simplified):

int64_t time_stamp = get_timestamp_us() * 1000ULL;

bsec_sensor_control(time_stamp, &sensor_settings); bme680_bsec_trigger_measurement(&sensor_settings, sleep); bme680_bsec_read_data(time_stamp, bsec_inputs, &num_bsec_inputs, sensor_settings.process_data); bme680_bsec_process_data(bsec_inputs, num_bsec_inputs, output_ready);
    int64_t time_stamp_interval_ms = (sensor_settings.next_call - get_timestamp_us() * 1000ULL) / 1000000ULL; return (time_stamp_interval_ms > 0) ? time_stamp_interval_ms : 0;

I hope this helps.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello gbeloev,

Thanks for your sharing.
    Yes, we can modify it to the code we want based on the example code. @pallyapd, could your refer gbeloev's suggestion for your SW platform?

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist