Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

temperature values is always 0

temperature values is always 0

JimitP
    New Poster

Hi ,

I am trying to integrate BESEC software to interface BME680  with EFR32BG22(Cortex M33).I sucessfully integrate libalgobsec.a file for GCC cortex M33F into my project.The project get  compiled sucessfully without any error.

I have problem with the output data from the BME680.The temperature value remain 0 all the time, and CO2,Iaq and breath values take quiet long time to show-up (initially they all shows 0 values)

My program take reading every 3 sec. I am using simplicity studio IDE and GNU ARM v10.2.1 compiler.

I susppect there is  someting wrong with bsec_init()(initialization in BESEC library) function .It looks like  temperature functionality of BME680 is not getting initialize properly.

I am attaching the snapshot output console:

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank You

8618fd96-29e6-478f-b562-c2ccca8fb874.jpg

30 REPLIES 30

Hi Minhwan,

Due to this space issue, I have migrated to a higher flash chip which is a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M33 platform. Can anybody have tested on this platform?

Could you support this flavour with the supported library? Instead of sharing could define the supported specific library for this platform.

Because of your AQI chip we are migrating and creating the final product. could take this high priority and support on the library integration side?

Now you are showing our interest, Please take this high priority and get the support from your development team. 

Regards,
    Kumar

Hi Kumar, 

Yes, we do have library for Cortex_M33. You can download it below path.

https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/software-tools/software/bme688-software/

And there is M33 library in below path folder. 

BSEC_2.0.6.1_Generic_Release_04302021\algo\normal_version\bin\gcc\Cortex_M33

Thank you. 

Hi Minhwan,

Thanks for your response. But my platform compiler and flags are as below:

arm-none-eabi-gcc -g3 -gdwarf-2 -mcpu=cortex-m33 -mthumb -T -mfpu=fpv5-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard

Any modifications please suggest to me. as per my compiler will your below link library will support? I believe you shared the library is not arm gcc right?

Want to explore more, please clarify my doubts?

Regards,

Kumar

Hi Minhwan,

Update as per given libraray compiled for our Cortex-M33 platform and got the below error::

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

c:/toolchains/gnu_arm/7.2_2017q4/bin/./../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: error: BME680_Algo.axf uses VFP register arguments, c:/toolchains/gnu_arm/7.2_2017q4/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libalgobsec.a(bsec_codegen_do_steps.o) does not
    c:/toolchains/gnu_arm/7.2_2017q4/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file c:/toolchains/gnu_arm/7.2_2017q4/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libalgobsec.a(bsec_codegen_do_steps.o)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please share it to your development team will guess what exactly the problem. I am suspectign given the libraray is not compatiable to our compiler flag.

check and share the supported library?

Regards,

Kumar

Hi Kumar, 

In terms of custom library, please visit https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/about-us/contact/contact-form, use the contact form to submit your request and please make sure you refer to the question posed in the community.

Thank you. 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist