Bosch Sensortec Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

How do I convert BME680 gas resistance to IAQ ?

Accepted Solution
    o_o
    Contributor

In BME680 datasheet, there are formulas to convert the raw data into temperature, pressure, relative humidity and gas resistance measurements. Where can I find the formula to convert gas resistance to Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) ?

View Entire Topic
    o_o
    Contributor

The BME680 sensors has 4 outputs: Temperature, relative humidity, abolute pressure, and gas resistance.

Each of the 4 outputs requires a compensation using calibration parameters stored in the register map. Bosch Sensortec provides a the BME680 Sensor API in source code to make this compensation.

IAQ, on the other hand, is not the output of the BME680 itself, but the output of a separate product called the Bosch Sensortec Environmental Cluster software (BSEC). This software provides a specific configuration for the BME680 sensor which has been tuned for sensing Indoor Air Quality (IAQ). This piece of software is provided as pre-compiled binary on Bosch Sensortec's website and is free to use with the BME680 sensor.

!!Make sure to check that your processor architecture and compiler is supported. !!

Due to the complex nature of the IAQ algorithm, it requires a significant amount of RAM and ROM, and uses floating point calculation. 8-bit and 16-bit platforms are not recommended.

rats
    New Poster
    Where can I find a documentation of the IAQ algorithm?
    0 Likes
    MatthiasU
    Occasional Visitor
    Apparently Bosch isn't interested in publishing source code, which is a shame. There are other programming languages than C and other embedded systems than the ones they provide libraries for.
    A1_Projects
    New Poster
    I can't figure out how to ask a question on this forum, every type I type a question in there is no button to submit it so I'm going to ask it here. How do I get AQI Reading with the BSEC Arduino Library for the Rak 6431? Can I convert IAQ to AQI? I'm using this environment monitoring sensor for this project https://github.com/RAKWireless/WisBlock/tree/master/examples/RAK4630/solutions/Weather_Monitoring and was able to get IAQ readings by loading this code BSEC for arduino library to my rak 4631 https://github.com/BoschSensortec/BSEC-Arduino-library/blob/master/examples/basic/basic.ino. Ideally though I am wanting to get the AQI reading, I would like to report that the air quality is 25 percent today or put it in some kind of simplistic term in which normal people could understand and relate to the number for my weather station project. If I can't get the AQI reading from the code myself, is there a way to convert it into an easy to read aqi percentage considering this will be an outdoor weather sensor?
    Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist