cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Nicla Sense ME USB Not Recognized

Nicla Sense ME USB Not Recognized

Eldar
    Established Member

Hi, I have been happily using Nicla Sense ME with Arduino Sketches for 3 months now. However, yesterday when I tried to connect to the PC, it said "Usb device not recognized". Then, I connected the board to the Portenta H7 (through ESLOV) and used bhy tool to control the board. Surprisingly, all the sensor data and everything works in bhy interface.  So, I assume that maybe only the USB interface somehow got damaged? I tried another USB cable too, but no success.

Can re-flashing the firmware solve this problem? How can I do so? The bhy software allows uploading firmware, but it is unclear to me where to find .bin file to upload.

Can I somehow use the Portenta H7 to upload Arduino sketches to the Nicla and then read the com port? Because most important thing for me is using Nicla Sense ME with Arduino Sketches.

To be more specific, I need to collect sensor data, train it in Bosch AI Studio, and run the BSEC Config file to classify among odours. If I can do so, without Arduino Sketches and USB Interface, that would be also fine.

Please help, I have a couple of weeks left to submission of my master's thesis and I can't graduate without this :(((

4 REPLIES 4

Eldar
    Established Member

Update: I tried connecting the USB-Serial Converter and it works! I can see the output on the serial monitor. But, can I program it this way? Do you have any idea? Any help is appreciated.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi Eldar,

Thanks for your inquiry.
    Ensure that your hardware is working properly.
    To update firmware for Nicla Sense Me, you can refer to this example https://github.com/arduino/nicla-sense-me-fw/tree/main/Arduino_BHY2/examples/BHYFirmwareUpdate
    If you would like to use BME AI-Studio with BME688 on the Nicla Sense ME Board, you can refer to this guide: https://www.hackster.io/lucasguocn/use-bme-ai-studio-with-bme688-on-the-nicla-sense-me-board-5f1b55

Eldar
    Established Member

Thanks for the reply.

There is clearly an issue with the hardware, but the sensor is still alive and UART works too. Only USB does not work. And I am looking for an alternative way to upload programs to Nicla Sense ME without using USB. That is why I have opened this topic.

Eldar
    Established Member

In Arduino IDE, other options exist as a programmer device for Nicla Sense ME. Do you know how can they be connected and used with Nicla Sense ME? I could not find any info on this on the internet.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist