cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BME688 baseline subtraction.

BME688 baseline subtraction.

DamienG
    New Poster
    Using the bme688 dev board, I have taken readings for two separate odour sources (class 1, class 2). I also want to take a reading of ambient air and subtract the ambient air gas resistance readings from both class 1 and class 2 as a form of normalisation. I don't want the ambient air readings to be a separate class for the algorithm to discriminate against, as I will be using the bme688 in different environments with very different ambient air composition. Is this approach possible using the BSEC library/Bosch AI studio?
    3 REPLIES 3

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi DamienG,

For your description "I also want to take a reading of ambient air and subtract the ambient air gas resistance readings from both class 1 and class 2 as a form of normalisation.":
    1.do you mean IAQ output for "reading of ambient air"?
    2.class does not support subtraction to produce another result.

Sorry I'll try to clarify what I need:

I would like to remove the influence of VOCs in the ambient air, so I am directly comparing the VOCs emitted by the two objects I'm interested in.

For example, let's say I have cheese and coffee as my two classes of interest. In the first experiment, I place them inside a sealed vessel that has lots of VOCs in the ambient air.

In the second experiment, I place them inside a vessel that has no VOCs in the ambient air.

The composition of the ambient air in these two experiments is very different, and I want to remove the impact that this might have on the experiments, so that I can compare the VOCs emitted solely by the cheese and coffee more accurately.

I thought one way to do this would be to
    1) read raw gas resistance in ambient air
    2) read raw gas resistance with coffee
    3) read raw gas resistance with cheese
    4) subtract raw gas resistance of (1) from (2) and (3).
    5) Pass the modified gas resistance of (2) and (3) into Bosch AI studio, and proceed with training as normal

Is this possible or is there another approach I could use?

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi DamienG,

Currently, BME AI-Studio does not support to be used like this.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist