cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BMI323 Shuttle Board with wrong Sensor?

BMI323 Shuttle Board with wrong Sensor?

Smartin

Hello community,

I'm using several BMI323 Shuttle Boards for my test system.
    All these behave like expected, except one.

For example:
    When I read the Chip ID, I'd expect 0x43 as return value but this one specific shuttle board returns 0x44.
    If I write registers like FIFO config and read them back, I get different values back than I wrote originally.

Having a deeper look at the faulty shuttle board, the chip has .AN SHS imprinted on it. All my properly working shuttle boards have .AN 3UD imprinted on the chip.
    Please have a look:

BMi323.jpg

What is the issue here? Was the wrong sensor placed on the PCB? Is this chip another revision with different behaviour?

Thank you very much in advance for your support.

Best regards,
    Martin

6 REPLIES 6

FAE_CA1
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will investigate this issue and then get back to you ASAP.

If possible, could you please send a private message to me to let us know a little more about your application, your company name and physical address and your company email address?

Thanks.

FAE_CA1
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi,

We don't have chip_id of 0x44 for BMI323. Please capture I2C or SPI waveform to show that the chip ID you got is really 0x44.

Thanks.

FAE_CA1
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi,

You may also send a private message to me to let us know your email address and physical location. We could then assign a local FAE to support you for example you could ship that BMI323 shuttle board with wrong chip ID to our Bosch local office for investigation.

Thanks.

Hello FAE_CA1,

thanks a lot for your swift response and please excuse my delay.
    There is some news on our side: The issue happens also with other sensors. So one .AN SHS and one .AN 3UD had this issue when connected to a Raspberry Pi via SPI. We also made a trace with a logic analyzer showing this behaviour:

WrongChipId.jpg

I'll send you my personal information as requested.

Thank you very much and best regards,
    Martin

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist