Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BMP581 water level measurement

BMP581 water level measurement

PeterMark
    New Poster

Hi

I want to measure the water level with bmp581.

So, how does this sensor track water levels with mm precision?

Bosch Video (84) Detecting the water level of a washing machine powered by BMP390 - seems to be suggested by YouTube.

Is there any example code or guide document I can refer to?

9 REPLIES 9

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi PeterMark,

Thank you for your message. We gladly publish all publicly available information, but unfortunately we are not able to share the requested information within the community as it requires an NDA. If you need any further information on this topic, please get in contact with one of our official distributors or sales representatives to allow us to review each project on a case-by-case basis.

Kerem
    New Poster

Hello, I'm working on a similar project. I need to determine the height of water passing through a pipe. I want to use BMP581 for this purpose. Can you help me with this? Thank you.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi Kerem,

Sorry. We haven't got your point about "I need to determine the height of water passing through a pipe". Could you give detailed description about it? Thanks.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi Kerem,

Two pressure sensors are used in the washing machine. When the washing machine is in operation, as the water level rises, the water level height can be calculated based on the pressure difference between the two pressure sensors. After the washing machine is drained, it can be approximately assumed that the pressure difference between the two air pressure sensors inside the washing machine is very small.
    You need to confirm if your application scenario is the same as the application of washing machine water level detection? If no, you can give detailed descripion for your application.

No, it's not exactly the same. Let me explain it this way: I have a board that I placed inside a cylindrical pipe. On the board, there is a BMP581 sensor. There will be a membrane on the pressure sensor. Can I calculate the water height by measuring the pressure here? This is the exact application I am working on.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist