Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

APP3.0/BHI260AP KLIO

APP3.0/BHI260AP KLIO

LLevai
    New Poster

Dear all,
    We are working on a project which involves monitoring behaivor/stress of dairy cows. I know this is a bit exotic application but we would like to evaluate the applicability of the BHI260AP sensor in our device and we purchased an Application Board 3.0 and a BHI260AP Shuttle Board.

I was able to set up COINES (v2.8_rc) from the official download under Ubuntu 20.04. I checked the bhy2 klio_selflearning example and got it working on PC and on the MCU. I would like to prepare a PoC device we can try on actual animals and collect data. My immediate problem is that the klio_selflearning example (like other bhy2 examples) waits for the serial console to open (via USB). I think I found the point where coines_open_comm_intf() waits for the USB serial connection and I can also replace console logging with file logging. But before hacking into the source I would like to inquire if there was a less hacky, "official" way of achiving the samples run on power up.

I searched the site and this forum and the knowledge base particular but found no information on the KLIO algorithm. Is there some algorithmic description I missed? Is this a propriatary algorithm? What are the license conditions?
    Thanks,
    Levente

5 REPLIES 5

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi LLevai,

As you used application Board 3.0 and BHI260AP Shuttle Board, you can directly run selflearning example code https://github.com/boschsensortec/BHY2_SensorAPI/tree/master/examples/klio_selflearning on your hardware.

Hi BSTRobin,
    Thank you for your answer. I know about the example and tried it, as I wrote. In the mean time I did further tests with the bhy2 api. I think I grasped how to use the klio firmwares, and I will be able to create a PoC system we can start to use. However, if we find this system usable I will need to modify the BMI260AP firmware itself, including the KLIO virtual sensor. I would like to inquire again about the specifics of the algorithm: availability in source or binary form so that I can use it in the BHI260AP SDK (I do not find this as a driver or a sample there, Ifound the firmwares in the COINES distribution only), licensing terms and price conditions if the algorithm is propriatary.
    Thnaks,
    Levetne

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi LLevai,

Thanks for your message. We gladly publish all publicly available info, but sadly are unable to share the requested info. Thanks for your understanding.

Hi BSTRobin,
    This means that information on licensing or availability in source or binary form (say, as driver) is not public? Sad to hear that. I did not ask for e.g. the source code per se, I'm inquiring about conditions if it can be obtained.
    Cheers, Levente

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist