Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BME680 with Arduino Nano ESP32 compile error

BME680 with Arduino Nano ESP32 compile error

Mr_G
    New Poster

Hello,

Complete beginner here so please be gentle 😉

I am a complete newbie to the world of Arduino, so learning as I go.

I am running into issues getting the "Basic" example sketch from the BSEC software library to compile. It always fails at the same place (while trying to link everything together).

Some basics on my setup:

Running Arduino IDE vers. 2.3.2

BSEC software library vers. 1.8.149

BME68x sensor library vers.1.1.404

Board: Genuine Arduino Nano ESP32. (I know this is not officially supported, but I understand that the ESP32S3 is, and that is what the Nano uses so I (perhaps) foolishly asume that it should work 😉

I know the senor works, since I can read it's outputs (including resistance) via anothe sketch.

Also, if I set the IDE to another board (that I do not own), that being the Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, the sketch compiles without any issues, so I assume that this means that the libraries are correctly installed.

I have spent many hours making sure that I followed the Bosch (Github) setup instructions, tried to modify the platform.txt file, but all to no avail.

I am clearly out of my league at this stage, so any help that could be provided would be greatly appreaciated.

I am including the verbose output of the compilation in the hopes that someone can help to figure out where the problem might lie.

Many thanks in advance for any possible help.

2 REPLIES 2

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi Mr_G,

See it from the compilation error, it appears that the BSEC library has not been linked.

You can add the following line in platform.local.txt, also refer to https://github.com/boschsensortec/BSEC-Arduino-library/blob/master/README.md readme file to setup your software environment. And ensure that libalgobsec. a can be found and linked in the IDE.
    compiler.libraries.ldflags=-libalgobsec

Hello BSTRobin and thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I still have a long way to go with this - so a little more help would be really appreciated.

I tried to modify my platform.txt file but I'm clearly still missing something. I have read the instructions you referenced but still a little confused.

I am including my platform.txt file. Would it be possible to ask you to modify it so that all of the required changes end up in the right place?

Also, how do I go about "ensuring that libalgobsec. a can be found and linked in the IDE."? I don't know how to do that. Is it part of the platform.txt file mods, or somthing completely different?

Like I said, complete newbie here, much appreciate any assistance. 

Thanks and Best Regards.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist