Bosch Sensortec Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BME688 development kit (adafruit huzzah32)

BME688 development kit (adafruit huzzah32)

Skallex
    New Poster

Hello!

I am very new to all of this so please bear with me. 

I'm doing a bachelors thesis in electronics where I will do some testing of three BME688 development boards, each stacked on an Adafruit Huzzah32 Feather. I have flashed them (with Flash.bat, development kit software) and done some gas tests with a couple of algorithms through AI-studio, and that part is fine.

However, I want to be able to make configurations (mainly to look at power consumption through different sensor modes and ESP32 clock speed) through Arduino IDE, but whenever I try something there I end up overwriting the firmware and the devkit stops recording. From what I have gathered the devkits need to have BME68x Sensor API and BSEC Library installed.

So, my questions are:

1. Is the BM68x API and BSEC library included in the devkit flash? If not, how do I install them without overwriting the firmware? 

2. This one is silly but I haven't really found any info on exactly how to make registry alterations (probably because it is so basic? sorry haha). How do I communicate with the sensors, the adafruit board and the ESP32 sensor?

Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3

Skallex
    New Poster

No one?

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi Skallex,

Thanks for your inquiry.

As you have burned, the BME688 dev kit software is provided in binary format, which includes the BME688 bsec library and sensor API, etc.
    If you want to deploy BSEC to Arduino, you can refer to the example of Arduino and port it to your platform. You can refer the following document to deploy the config file from the BME AI-Studio into host platform.
    https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/software/bme/docs/process-steps/evaluate-algorithms.html#overview

Dowload BSEC package from https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/software-tools/software/bme688-software which contain BSEC lib, BME68x sensor API, example code, refer to the integration guide.

Thank you. I've managed to deploy the bme68x_demo_sample and seems to work fine. 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist