Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Nicla Sense ME temperature and humidity inaccurate

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator

Re: Nicla Sense ME temperature and humidity inaccurate

Hi sebp,

The new firmware compensates for temperature and humidity values. Are the temperature and humidity values normal on your Nicla board?

sebp
    New Poster

Yes, setting the temperature offset gives normal temperatur and humidity values of the BSEC sensor only.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator

Hi sebp,

Thanks for your feedback.
    Because of the placement of BME688 on Nicla board is close to heat source, so the new firmware compensate temperature and humidity values.

Ciprian
    Established Member

I have checked the provided GitHub repo with all the commits, kind of a joke really. The given update is only for the temperature, no commits (outside of the firmware update) affect the Humidity or Pressure, so they still need linear regression. Moreover, the temperature offset function added actually requires testing against a different device for the highest accuracy, once again resulting to user done research, so it doesn't fix anything.

olboss

Thanks Ciprian, that's good to know. 

Seems to me there's a fundamental design flaw that prevents the sensor from operating within specification. If they can't fix it in software, then perhaps the solution is to issue a product recall, and redesign the boards.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist