cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Question about BME688 and the Dev kit

Question about BME688 and the Dev kit

Grayson

Hi,

I am using BME688 and try to detect voc in the air, also try to use dev kit working with AI-studio.

1.the bme688 can show the resistence through micropython on thonny, and stable on 135000ohms. how can I transfer it to concentration?

2.the algo config generated from AI-studio, how does it works? how to deploy it on the single BME688 sensor instead of the dev kit.

3. if i using dev kit to detect the voc concentration, with the help of config of AI-studio, it can only tell whether it is the exact voc instead of detecting one from the mixture voc, right?

4. the new config of AI-studio can be used by paste the file into the SD card and how would it work?

Thank you,

Grayson

5 REPLIES 5

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi Grayson,

BME688 can only recognize the type of VOC gas and cannot detect its concentration.
    After you export config file from BME AI-Studio, you can deploy like this:
    1.deploy it to BME688 dev kit: copy .config, .aiconfig files to SD card;
    2.deploy it to single sensor on your platform: replace the config files in the example code, such as using .h and .c files to replace the config files in https://github.com/boschsensortec/Bosch-BSEC2-Library/blob/master/examples/generic_examples/basic_co...
    #include "config/FieldAir_HandSanitizer/FieldAir_HandSanitizer.h"

Thank you Robin!

Now I am trying to connect single BME688 with raspberry PI pico, do you think it is possible to deploy the config generated from the AI -studio to it, through thonny using micropython?

BTW, how to recognize the type of VOC gas, if I want to doing the second way you said above, what hareware equipments do i need and using what software? 

Sorry i am new to this areas.

Thank you,

Grayson

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi Grayson,

The reference BSEC software is running in an Arduino project or an embedded environment running C language, and we are not familiar with Python and have not tested it.

If you would like to deploy it to single sensor on your platform, you need host platform board, BME688 hardware board. For software, you can refer to latest BSEC2.4.0.0 package https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/software-tools/software/bme688-software

BSEC2.4.0.0 download.png

Hi Bobin,

1.What kind of device do i need if i want to use bme688 dev kit to send the air quality data to my computer by wifi instead of SD card?

2.is it possible to connect dev kit with Raspberry pi pico to achieve the question 1?

3.how to deploy the algo we generated from the AI-studio to the dev kit?

Thank you so much for the quick response!

Grayson

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist