Bosch Sensortec Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

bme68x_demo_sample.ino.elf section `.dram0.bss' will not fit in region `dram0_0_seg'

bme68x_demo_sample.ino.elf section `.dram0.bss' will not fit in region `dram0_0_seg'

zrummler
    Established Member

Trying to run the bme68x_demo_sample.ino in Arduino, and getting the following error message when trying to compile:

I've downloaded the most recent version of the BSEC library for Arduino here:

https://github.com/boschsensortec/Bosch-BSEC2-Library

And followed the build steps here:

https://github.com/boschsensortec/Bosch-BSEC2-Library/blob/master/examples/bme68x_demo_sample/Quick_...

Can someone please let me know why this is not building?

8 REPLIES 8

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi zrummler,

Can you provide the following information first? So that we can provide you with the correct software guidance.
    Do you use BME688?
    What is your host platform?
    What features do you want to use with BME68x?

zrummler
    Established Member

I fixed the problem. It involved installing an earlier version of the ESP board manager in Arduino: version 2.0.3. They don't tell you this in the setup guide but I found it in another post here on this forum.

For reference, I am using the BME Development Kit (the one with eight bme688 sensors) connected to the Adafruit ESP32 Feather.

All, I need help here as well.   I have 3 of the BME688 x8 sample gathering boards just purchased at Mouser.   When I try and use them with the latest Bosch Android app to test some of the sample smells I have gathsered, it says you must have a newer version of the firmware on the feather board that drives the x8 BME688 board.   No problem I think and I download the latest BSEC2 library locate the Firmware source under the examples.   I then install all of the older versions of the libraries the reader says are needed and compile.   At the linking step I get '.dram0.bss' will not fit in region `dram0_0_seg'.   I am using everything Bosch has told me to use and have 3 $80 BME688 boards that are useless for using with the Android app.   Bosch you have got some excellent technology but can do better here.  My goal is to update my 3 adafruit  feather boards to run Bosch's latest firmware to drive the x8 test sample board from Bosch.   Can someone help please!

With Arduino IDE choose the version 2.03 for the ESP32 package under board config.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist